WACSSA | Western Australian Christian School Sport Association |
EVENT: Primary Swimming Division 2
DATE: Monday, 29th March, 2021
VENUE: HBF Stadium (Outdoor Pool) (Please bring Sunscreen!)
Year 4, 2 x Girls and 2 x Boys per event (A & B Division per event)
Year 5, 2 x Girls and 2 x Boys per event (A & B Division per event)
Year 6, 2 x Girls and 2 x Boys per event (A & B Division per event)
9.30am - Teacher meeting – all officials need to be present!
9.50am – Welcome
10.00am – Competition Begins
1.50pm – Presentations and Closing
$4.50 per student (competitors or spectators) This is not covered by WACSSA membership and will be billed directly to your school by Venues West. Please provide accurate numbers to event staff on entry into the stadium.
Staff and officials are granted free entry.
$2.60 for adult spectators / supporters (they will pay this on entry)
Yr 3 students may not compete in any race during the day.
Competitors may only swim in one event per stroke.
Medley Relay must consist of 4 team members – Backstroke, Freestyle, Breaststroke, Freestyle
Freestyle Relay must consist of 4 team members.
Any child from Year 4 – 6 only.
The champion individuals and school will be presented at the end of the day by WACSSA officials.
Ribbons will be awarded to all competitors in every race.
Schools will be allocated lanes on a rotational basis and schools will be allocated seating in the grandstand according to their lane allocation, for ease of marshalling.
Starting Instructions: Please CLEARLY explain this to your students
B Get Set
A Scoreboard to zero
B Race is started by horn
C Race finishes, lane judges press timer
D Students clear pool once given all clear, placed in order and proceed to ribbons tale..
E Scoreboard set to zero for next event
F Students return to bays
Double horn and dropped rope. See “SWIMMING RULES” below.
Each school will need to organize toilet passes for their students. Please ensure toilets and facilities are correctly used and respected.
Staff and students are to bring their own food and beverage into HBF Stadium.
Schools must have competitors ready for their event and seated at the front of their bay, ready for the marshal at least three events in advance. Please ensure students are wearing their coloured caps.
No streamers or balloons (pools rules)
No booing or negative cheering
Please bring banners and any mascots dressed in school colours.
Applaud all competitors with loud cheering!
Have competitors ready for the marshal at least 3 events ahead.
Parents, teachers or pupils are not to walk along the side of the pool at any time.
Schools are expected to provide adequate supervision for their students.
Teachers should ensure students are not loitering out of their allocated areas.
Tidy your school area on departure.
Have an enjoyable time.
NO VIDEOING of events is allowed by parents.
1. If any swimmer moves after the “get set” instruction and before the horn - breaking, it will result in all swimmers being reminded to wait and hold still before the horn sounds.
2. The second swimmer to break before the horn will receive a first individual warning; and the rest of the swimmers will again be reminded to wait and hold still between “get set” and the “horn”.
3. The third swimmer to break, providing that swimmer has not received an individual warning, will also receive an individual warning. The rest of the swimmers will all then receive their FINAL warning. If the swimmer has already received an individual warning, then they will be disqualified from the race.
4. If any swimmer should break, in this the FOURTH attempt to start the race, they will be disqualified from the race, and also anyone breaking in subsequent attempts to start the race.
1. Freestyle competitors must finish with a ONE HAND touch. The touch button to complete the race will not be pressed by the lane judge until ONE HAND touches the wall.
2. Breaststroke competitors must finish with a TWO HAND touch. The touch button to complete the race will not be pressed by the lane judge until BOTH HANDS touch the wall.
3. A. Backstroke competitors must finish ON THEIR BACK, with a ONE HAND touch. The touch button to complete the race will not be pressed by the lane judge until ONE HAND touches the wall.
B. If the competitor rolls onto their front and then touches the wall, the touch button will be pressed by the lane judge to signal the end of the race for that competitor, however the competitor will forfeit one placing for incorrect finish.
DURING THE RACE:
1. If a competitor begins to swim the incorrect stroke in a race (ie, Freestyle in a breaststroke event) then that competitor is only disqualified if they are deemed by the Chief Judge to have gained an advantage. The competitor is not totally disqualified – they are relegated to last position and receive last place points.
2. If more than one competitor swims the incorrect stroke in an event, and are deemed by the CHIEF JUDGE to have gained an advantage, then they will all receive last place points for that event.
1. The CHIEF JUDGE is not compelled or required to view any photo or video evidence by parents or staff members, in regards to race decisions. They may consult the WACSSA Director of Sport, but are not required to do so. Their decision is final.
2. Parents are to be reminded that videoing events is not allowed, and they should respect the privacy of other students competing by not doing so.